I started a zone-by-zone frugal apartment refresh for the New Year! Instead of my normal Flylady-inspired zone cleaning schedule, I’m completely cleaning, decluttering, decorating, and organizing our entire apartment using what we already have on hand, one zone or sub-zone at a time. So far, I’ve done our entryway and hallway.
In this episode, I focused on our laundry room, where we store our laundry and cleaning supplies (and, of course, do the laundry). Here’s what I did:
- Dusted around the perimeter of the ceiling and ceiling fixtures
- Tidied and organized bins/shelves
- Wiped down washer and dryer, including the lint trap
- Wiped down front and back of door, plus door casing
- Dusted behind and underneath washer and dryer
- Vacuumed around floor perimeter and floor
- Hung two canvas prints that I purchased from Dollar Tree at the beginning of December
- Mopped and dried floor
- Vacuumed area rug
- Labeled bins with my Dymo LetraTag label maker
I hope that this video inspires and motivates you as you mange your own home!
BEHIND THE SCENES @ AMBER’S WAY… thumbnail picture attempts: