I started a zone-by-zone frugal apartment refresh for the New Year! Instead of my normal Flylady-inspired zone cleaning schedule, I’m completely cleaning, decluttering, decorating, and organizing our entire apartment using what we already have on hand, one zone or sub-zone at a time, for as long as it takes to get the job done. So far, I’ve done our entryway.
In this episode, I focused on our hallway, which accesses our HVAC closet, laundry room, bedrooms, and bathrooms. Here’s what I did:
- Dusted front and back of HVAC closet door with vacuum
- Vacuumed and dusted inside of HVAC closet, on and around the unit
- Dusted around ceiling perimeter and fixtures
- Replaced thumb tacks with a curtain rod we already had to hang my husband’s baby quilt that his grandma made him
- Vacuumed around floor perimeter and carpet
- Cleaned carpet with my Hoover Dual Power Max Pet carpet cleaner
I hope that this video inspires and motivates you as you manage your own home!