I’ve decided to start a zone-by-zone frugal apartment refresh for the New Year! So, instead of my normal Flylady-inspired zone cleaning schedule, I’m going to be completely cleaning, decluttering, decorating, and organizing our entire apartment using what we already have on-hand, one zone or sub-zone at a time. I’m not moving on to the next space until I’m completely satisfied.
In this episode, I focused on our foyer, or entryway. We live in a second-floor apartment with the entrance downstairs. We mainly use it as a pass-through where we take off our shoes before coming upstairs and entering the apartment. Here’s what I did:
- Vacuumed stairs
- Dusted ceiling perimeter and fixtures
- Vacuumed floor perimeter and floor
- Wiped down stair trim and handrail
- Wiped down door and casing (inside only)
- Mopped floor
- Hung welcome sign and knobs from dining area upstairs for a corona virus sanitization station downstairs
- Hung peacock mirror from laundry room on wall above stairs; dusted wall
- Tidied shoes on shoe rack
- Hung face masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectant wipes on knobs
I hope that this video inspires and motivates you as you manage your own home!