The kitchen is considered the heart of the home, and having a clean kitchen positively contributes to you and your family’s well-being. When I get extremely overwhelmed with a messy house, I like to start in the kitchen.
- I put on a cleaning motivation video on YouTube or listen to the Family Life Radio app (Christian radio station based in Arizona with stations around the U.S.).
- Take out the trash if it’s full.
- Put away any clean dishes. If there’s any in the left side of the sink, I put those away first and then empty the dishwasher.
- Load dishwasher with dirty dishes and hand-wash dishes like pots and pans.
- Dry and put away any new hand-washed dishes.
- Declutter and wipe counters.
- Sweep the floor, if necessary.
Before I know it, my stress has receded and I’m able to focus on the rest – sometimes, I’ll tidy the living room and dining rooms next; sometimes I’ll tidy the bathrooms and bedrooms next; but, sometimes cleaning the kitchen is enough and I’ll move on to whatever else needs to be done for that day.
I hope this post helps you know what to do, and maybe even why to start in the kitchen, when you get overwhelmed with a messy house!