I’m elated! I was laid off today due to the corona virus pandemic! I was miserable working as an aircraft mechanic, and I was planning on quitting eventually, anyway. I’ve been praying that God would make a way for me to be able to quit, and He did. You can read about why I wanted to return to being a homemaker, my plan of action to quit, and a few of my stay-at-home mom goals in my post: I Want to be a Stay-at-Home Mom Again! | My Plan.
I was able to complete a lot of my goals before before I was laid off.
Goals I completed:
- Budget revision.
- Baby step three of Dave Ramsey’s Seven Baby Steps to Financial Peace.
- Instead of starting college funds (baby step five), I started a Future fund that could be used for the kids (college, vehicles, weddings, etc.) and an income property for us.
- We decided not to buy a house for now. My in-laws offered to buy us one closer to them when we’re ready.
Goals to be completed:
- We still haven’t started contributing 15% of our income to retirement, but that’s an easy fix that we’ve been procrastinating.
- Become a better blogger – finish my Art of Blogging: Beginners Essentials course, put more time and effort into content for my blog, and promote my blog through networking.
- Establish new routines. I already wrote my ideal schedule, and I’ll start it Monday.
- Read The Proximity Principle by Ken Coleman to figure out how to help my husband find work that he’ll find fulfillment in.
- Accomplish 2020 goals. I’m still struggling with certain goals. Now, I should have absolutely no excuses preventing me from accomplishing them.
I am looking forward to this new chapter in my life with joy!