I deleted my YouTube channel on Saturday 7 December 2019. In case you’re thinking about deleting your own or are wondering why someone would do such a thing, I thought I would share the reasons why I deleted mine.
After returning to YouTube in October from a year-long hiatus, I have completely lost interest in maintaining a YouTube channel. You can read more about why I decided to quit YouTube (as a career option) in the first place, which eventually led to the long hiatus, in my post: I Quit YouTube?! | How I Determined Whether to Stay or Quit.
By my third video posted after my return, I was questioning myself. Why did I even return in the first place? I realized that it was mainly for the sake of nostalgia, not because I am enjoying it like I used to. The conclusions that I came to in the afore-mentioned post (that’s linked above and below) are true now more than ever:
- I don’t owe absolutely anyone anything…
- …and absolutely no one owes me.
- YouTube, much like Face Book, no longer fulfills its intended purpose in my life. I’ve evolved as a homemaker and person in general, and I no longer need to record videos for motivation since habits/routines have been ingrained into my being.
- I continued to pour a lot into YouTube but no longer felt like I was getting what I wanted from it. After three-and-a-half years, I remain mediocre as a YouTuber, because my personal skills and abilities are not being used at peak performance on this platform. So, I need to cut my losses and move on.
After I deleted my channel, I felt this deep sense of relief – like a heavy burden was lifted from my shoulders, and I knew that I had made the right decision.
Reminiscing the end of an era and celebrating the beginning of a new one – all of my blog posts regarding my YouTube channel:
- YouTube Demonetization & Channel Changes
- Why I Changed my YouTube Channel Name
- One Month Work-From-Home Evaluation | Rev, YouTube, & WordPress
- Another Break from YouTube | Malware Attack & Sinusitis
- I Quit YouTube?! | How I Determined Whether to Stay or Quit
- What Happened to my YouTube Channel? | Responding to Your Comments & Questions