It’s been almost a year since I started my job as an aircraft mechanic! I was a homemaker for eight years beforehand, and I had to drastically simplify my daily routines (cleaning, etc.) to accommodate my new schedule. I work 10-hour shifts Monday – Thursday, 5:15 AM – 3:45 PM; I’m typically off Friday – Sunday.
Several months ago, I shared an overview of my basic routines in my post: Week in a Wink | How I Structure My Week as a Working Mother of Three, where I stated that I would elaborate on my routines in future posts. Here’s my detailed morning routine:
2:50 AM – 4:45 AM
- Turn on coffee maker
- AM get-ready routine
- brush teeth
- get dressed in uniform
- facial moisturizer; make-up
- clean glasses
- hair (flip-tail)
- Coffee with God: Pray/Read Bible (devotional)
- I use the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13) as a guideline when I pray.
- I currently use Jesus Calling devotions for every day of the year by Sarah Young and research the Scriptures on Bible Gateway.
- WordPress (10-20 minutes)
- AM cleaning routine
- Laundry: fold/hang and put away yesterday’s clean laundry load(s); reboot another laundry load
- Tidy/swish & swipe both bathrooms
- Make bed/tidy bedroom (master suite only)
- Dry laundry load
- Pack work bag and pockets
- bag: breakfast/lunch/snacks, wallet, keys
- pockets: badge, tool chits, etc.
- headphones and phone
- Babysitter arrives around 4:35 AM
- I usually help Ashton pack his lunch bag, and we try to leave by 4:45 AM
My morning routine provides such a great, motivational start for a productive day!